Dr. Reed Attisha
Dr. Attisha is a Board-Certified double degree (DMD and MD) Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon. He is a graduate of Indiana University with a Bachelor of Science degree. Following his undergraduate studies, he completed his Doctor of Dental Medicine degree (Magna Cum Laude) from University of Louisville in 2007. He then completed his Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery training at the University of Kentucky in 2013. There he obtained advanced training in all phases of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, received his Medical Degree and completed a one year residency in General Surgery. After completing his 6 year surgical training program, he moved to Watertown NY and joined the reputable practice of Dr. Schneeberger in 2013.
Dr. Attisha successfully completed the dual stage Board certification process in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery passing both the written and oral examinations. He is dually licensed in both the practice of Medicine and Dentistry. Dr. Attisha is the President of the Jefferson Lewis county dental society which he has been a part of since 2014. He is also an active member of the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, New York State Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, American Dental Association. He maintains an active Hospital Surgical Staff appointment at Samaritan Medical Center.
In his scarce free time he enjoys spending time with his family, playing and watching soccer, and travelling to Canada and Michigan to see family and friends.
Dr. Gerald J. Schneeberger
COMPASSION, DEDICATION and SERVICE.
These are the principles upon which Dr. Schneeberger has modeled his career. At Oral Surgery of NNY, Dr. Schneeberger, Dr Attisha and their staff strive to make a difference in the lives of every patient and every referral partner every day. With 28 years of experience and 1000's of hours in continuing education, Dr. Schneeberger provides gentle and compassionate care, utilizing the most current technology, materials and surgical techniques.
• Dr. Gerald J. Schneeberger: Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
• Clinical sub-specialities: DENTAL IMPLANTS: REGENERATIVE TECHNOLOGY- bone grating, tissue grafting, wound healing: ANESTHESIA.
• 1987-1991 Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery State University of New York Consortium Hospitals
• 1994 Certification: American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery recertification 2004, 2014
• 1983-1987 DDS with Thesis Honors. State University of New York at Buffalo School of Dentistry
• 1979-1983 Research Assistant. VA Medical Center Buffalo NY
• 1979 BS Biology/Biochemistry State University of New York at Fredonia
• Fellow, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
• Diplomate, American Board Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
• Fellow, American College Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
• Member, New York Sate Society Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
• Member American Dental Association
• Member, NY Fifth District Dental Society
• Member, Jefferson/Lewis County Dental Society
• Member, St. Lawrence County Dental Society
• Samaritan Medical Center, Watertown NY. Active staff 1991-2017. Courtesy Staff 2017-Current
• The River Hospital, Alexandria Bay NY. Active Staff 2017-Current
Dr. Sophie Couto, DDS
Dr. Couto is a board-eligible Periodontist. She graduated from the University of Toronto with an Honors Bachelor of Science degree in 2011. She completed her Doctor of Dental Surgery degree from the University of Southern California in 2016. She went on to practice general dentistry in her hometown of Sudbury, Ontario before completing her surgical residency training in Periodontics and implantology with concurrent Master of Science degree in Oral Biology at Texas A&M University in 2020. She is certified to perform IV conscious sedation in New York state and is a member of the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario and the American Academy of Periodontology. Dr. Couto is committed to providing quality care and serving in the best interests of her patients. In her spare time, she enjoys baking and spending time with her family and her dog Leo.
2020 American Board of Periodontology Qualifying Examination
2016 G. Donald Montgomery Excellence in Dentistry Award
2016 Julio Endleman Memorial Award
2016 Robert W. McNulty Memorial Award
2016 Alpha Omega Certificate of Academic Achievement
2016 International College of Dentists USA Section and Procter & Gamble Student Leadership Award
2016 Initiate, Zeta Chapter of Omicron Kappa Upsilon Honor Dental Society
2016 National Dental Examining Board of Canada
2016 U.S. National Dental Board Examination Part 2
2014 U.S. National Dental Board Examination Part 1
2012-16 Dean’s List Certificates, Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry of USC
2011 Dean’s List with High Distinction, University of Toronto